cmplete the sentencens using one of these verbs in the correct form, present or past:
cause, damage, hold, invite, make, overtake, sho, surroind, translate, write
1. Cheese _________________from milkk.
2. The roof of the building_________________in a storm a few days ago.
3. You_________________to the wedding. Why didnt you go?
4. A cinema is a place where films _________________.
6. In the United States, elections for president __________________every four years.
7. Originally the book _________________________in Spanish, and a few years ago it ____________________into English.
8. Although we were driving quite fast, we _________________________by a lot of other cars.
9. You cant see the house from the road. It _____________________by trees.
Put the verb into the correct form, present simple or past simple, active or passive.
1. Water _________________(cover) most of the earth’s surface.
2. How much of the earth’s surface _________________________(cover) by water?
3. The park gates _____________________(lock) at 6.30 p.m every evening.
4. The letter _________________(post) a week ago and it _____________(arrive) yesterday.
5. The boat hit a rock and _________________(sink) quickly. Fortunately evetybody ________________(rescue).
- 1. Is made
2. Was damaged
3. Were invited
4. Are shown
6. Are held
7. Was written, was translated
8. Were overtaken
9. Is surrounded
2. Is covered
3. Are locked
4. Was posted, arrived
5. Sank. was rescued